Satiating Sunday 😋
Grilled Lime Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil , plus more for grill
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic , crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Zico Coconut Water
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice , rinsed well and drained well
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large mango , peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/2 large)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion , rinsed under water and drained
- 1 large avocado , peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Zico Coconut Water
- Salt and pepper , to taste
For the salmon:
- In an 11x7-inch baking dish whisk together olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste (a fair amount of each).
- Place salmon in baking dish, cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator 15 - 30 minutes, then flip salmon to opposite side and allow to marinate 15 - 30 minutes longer.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat during last 10 minutes of marinating.
- Brush grill grates with oil.
- Place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile).
For the coconut rice:
- While salmon is marinating prepare coconut rice.
- In a medium saucepan bring coconut water, coconut milk, rice and salt to a full boil.
- Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed (there may be just a little bit of excess liquid in center which you can drain off), about 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, then let rest 5 minutes.
- For the avocado-mango salsa:
- While the salmon is grilling prepare salsa.
- In a medium bowl toss together mango, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, avocado, lime juice, olive oil and coconut water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon warm with coconut rice top with avocado mango salsa. #healthyrecipes