Creamy Chicken Alfredo with Sun Dried Tomato🍝🍅
300g / 10 oz fettuccine (or other long pasta)
30g / 2 tbsp butter, 2 chicken breasts cut in half horizontally (or 4 thighs), 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves minced (2 tsp jar), 1/2 cup white soda (sub more chicken broth), 1/2 cup chicken stock / broth low sodium, 1 1/4 cups cream, thickened / heavy (light ok too) 3/4 cup (75g) parmesan finely shredded**, 70g / 2.5oz baby spinach, 100 g / 3oz sun dried tomato strips (with or without oil)
SERVING:, 120g / 4oz bacon , cooked and crumbled, more parmesan, parsley for garnish (optional)
** Freshly grate your own or if using store bought, get the finely shredded one that looks like tiny thin batons, not the sandy parmesan (it won’t melt in sauce)
1. Cook pasta per pack minus 1.5 min. Just before draining, scoop out big mugful of pasta cooking water.
2. Melt half butter in skillet over high heat, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper then sear 1.5 min each side until deep gold. Remove, rest few minutes then shred.
3. In same skillet, reduce heat to medium high, add remaining butter and garlic. Cook until golden (~30 seconds) then add soda. Bring to rapid simmer and mostly evaporate.
4. Add cream, parmesan, broth and sun dried tomato, simmer gently for a few minutes stirring regularly until it reduces and thickens to thin syrup consistency.
5. Add spinach, shredded chicken and pasta. Toss for 1 – 2 minutes on stove until sauce thickens and clings to pasta. Use reserved cooking water to loosen if needed. Serve immediately sprinkled with bacon and parmesan!
#instafood #instahealthy #instahealthyfood #instahealthybody #instahealthy #instadiet #instadieta #instapic #food #healthyfood #healthyrecipes #healthylifestyle #healthylunch #healthy #healthyideas #tasty #yum #yummy #yummyfood #yumyum #delicious #deliciousfood #delicious_food #healthy_recipes_idea #cooking #cook #healthycooking #healthycook